Crysis 3: Review

So Cryis 3 is out and its a great game! But is it better than the first two? Well, I cant tell you because I never played the first two games. But when I picked up Crysis 3, I was rewarded with the original game because I pre-ordered. So I may do a review of that game soon. So back to Crysis 3, its a super fun experience and here's why.

The story is easy to follow. Most first person shooters try to have these elaborate stories, but they end up being a complete mess and you can even understand what the heck is happening. Crysis on the other hand has a very simple, but impactful story. From other reviews I have read, I learned that this is a much more emotional story than the first two. There are some great moments in the game and they don't disappoint. But the campaign is severely short and If you only want to play the game for the campaign I would suggest renting or borrowing this game or just wait for a price drop. Though there is some extra stuff you can get in levels, they aren't nearly enough that keeps you playing longer.

One thing I really liked about the single player is that even though it is a linear game, they give you so much room to go about doing what you need to do. They also give you a wide range of weapons and ways to kill people that makes the linear missions seem way less linear.

So now lets talk multiplayer. While the mutiplayer is vastly improved over the Crysis 2 multiplayer and is very fun to play, it just doesn't do anything new. I'm personally digging the multiplayer and am very interested in leveling my character to the max and unlocking everything for every gun. The maps are also still very diverse and wonderful. There is a total of 9 or 10 maps and each one is completely different from one another. I am also impressed with the amount of weapons in multiplayer, which is 34 and I wasn't expecting more than 20. There are also a lot of game modes. But sadly, this game isn't even pushing 2,000 players online and some game modes have no players on them. So I wouldn't expect barely anybody playing after summer. If you want a much more in depth review for the multiplayer check out my review for the Crysis 3 multiplayer beta.
Crysis 3 wouldn't be nearly as good if it wasn't for these absolutely beautiful graphics. I play on the PS3 and couldn't even imagine what this baby looks like on a high end PC. From the single player to the multiplayer, the Cryengine DOES NOT disappoint. There are many different looks through out the game from gritty buildings to amazing landscapes.

Overall this is a down right fun game. Even with the super short campaign, it is still a great time to be had and is just great to look at. With the addition of a much better multiplayer then its predecessor, I would definitely recommend this to any fan of the series and would want them to buy it. But if you are on the edge and like the look of this game and like the atmosphere I would also recommend picking this up because you will most likely enjoy it. But if you dont really have the money and aren't really a huge fan, I would say rent Cryis 3 for a weekend. It will most likely be a very, very good weekend and you wont feel like you missed out. You can beat the campaign and get your fill of multiplayer.

Final Score: 8.8

Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7518257